The Western Sydney International (Nancy-Bird Walton) Airport (WSIA) in Australia is being undertaken by CPB Contractors and Acciona joint venture for airside civil and pavement improvements, comprising taxiways and runways.
In December 2020 Subterra Civil were awarded the contract by CPB Contractors and Acciona and mobilised to site February 2021. Following mobilisation, Subterra Civil were awarded the following packages:
- October 2021 – Awarded tender package for Metro Access Rd – Drainage Installation
- November 2021 – Awarded tender package for Pitt St Roundabout – Drainage Installation
- December 2021 – Began works at Metro Access Rd & Pitt St RAB
- April 2021 – Awarded Pitt St RAB Kerbing
The project includes Airside services and utilities, such as aircraft pavements, an aircraft isolation pad, and airside roadways, landscaping, an aviation ground lighting system (together with associated substation buildings), and other specialised systems. The development of a 3.7-kilometer runway and rapid-exit taxiways is expected to provide over 1,200 direct jobs.
Subterra have delivered:
Metro Access Road – FRP Works
Subterra Civil provided quality, structurally sound FRP Works across the western Sydney Airport Project. Subterra provided turnkey construction on all FRP, including:
- 450m of stormwater drainage 375mm to 900mm
- Installation of 15 precast headwalls
- Bulk & Detail Excavation
- All FRP works
- Installation and backfill of 3 x triple cell 2700 x 1500 box culverts
Pitt ST RAB – Stormwater Drainage & FRP Works
We delivered high-quality and long-lasting drainage & FRP solutions, including:
- 400m stormwater drainage 375-1500mm
- 10 precast HW’s & pits
- 1 x in situ triple 1500 headwall
- 1 x triple 1500 pit
- 700m RMS kerb, SA, SF & SO
Trunk Drainage – Stormwater Drainage
- 7.5km of stormwater pipes. Sizes from 750mm dia up to 1800mm dia.
- Construct in situ headwalls and Pits 103 in situ structures constructed.