Western Sydney International Airport is being delivered as four major packages of work: Bulk Earthworks, Terminal, Airside and Landside.
The Terminal Package of works comprises the terminal building, concourse, piers, fixed link bridges, airside apron and land side roads, car parking, pedestrian walkways and landscaping. BMD is working as a major subcontractor to Multiplex delivering the apron civil works. The Apron works consist of 25,000m3 of structural fill, 145,000m2 of concrete pavement, 2.5km of Concrete reinforced pipes and pits, 6 oil interceptor tanks, utilities, fire mains, and lighting. Project completion is expected in January 2024
Subterra Scope: Subterra were engaged early in the works by BMD to complete the stormwater package.
The stormwater was completed in three stages:
Installation of Oil Interceptor tanks by SPEL. Scope included:
- Detailed excavation for the tanks,
- Ground prep including installation of anchor points
- Backfill with flowable cement based fill
- FRP works including the in situ vents and protection slab
North Apron Drainage installation.
- Excavate, lay and backfill 1.3km of Reinforced Concrete pipe from 525mm diameter to 1200mm diameter
- Install 31no. flame trap type pits.
- Install 13no. Junction and diversion pits.
- Backfill with flowable cement based fill.
South Apron Drainage.
- Excavate lay and Backfill 1.2km of Reinforced Concrete Pipe from 375mm diameter to 450mm Diameter
- Install 25no. Junction Type pits